Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shoes to the Nth Power! :)

When I found out that I was going to have a baby girl, I knew right then and there that I may end up spoiling the little one with too many clothes and trinkets. I never had a sister, and this baby was going to be my living doll. Hehe.

Now that she's two years old, I have filled a medium-sized cabinet with her clothes, and thankfully I had finally found that little switch in me that says 'off' when it comes to 'temptations' like clothes, bows, etc. Although I could still feel my heart skip a beat when I see a pretty dress or a pair of really dainty tops and bottoms (oh just imagining them's making me weak). For our family's (and the cabinet's) sake, I have to control myself from buying stuff that aren't necessary.



BUT, I've realized, that there's one temptation that I find really hard to resist (as I am surprised how often it is necessary to actually give in to it): buying new shoes/footwear.

Although her body does get bigger on a monthly basis, it's not that necessary to buy her an entirely new wardrobe. As opposed to her footwear, which, after two months (at the most) have to be replaced (she outgrows them so fast). I don't buy shoes that are too big, because in my opinion, this will just make it difficult for her to 'master' the skill of walking, running, jumping, skipping around...that kind of thing.

We were rearranging the other room at home to make it ready for her as a toddler room (a lot to do still, painting, new cabinets, etc.), and I was able to gather some of her shoes including those she had already outgrown. I realized she had a lot (more than my collection really, I mean considering she's only two), but I still feel she needs more. Hehe.

One thing I don't do though is buy shoes that are too expensive. What's too expensive? Anything that costs more than 500 pesos. Actually, a 500-peso pair of footwear for her little feet are well, already a stretch for me. Not that tinitipid namin sya, but because it was just too impractical to buy a pair of branded shoes for 800 to 1000 pesos, and she'll only be using them for a couple of months.

I know some may say you're purchasing 'quality' here, for little feet that has its own special needs. BUT hey, quality DOESN'T ALWAYS mean it has to be expensive. :)

Here's a picture of my little one with some of the shoes that we've found. Most of them are well worn-out, others seem like they haven't been used. :) Some of them bought, some were gifts for her. Those that cost more than 400 pesos...were gifts. Hehe. :)

I can't seem to find the rest of them, but I'm pretty sure her other little footwear are around the house somewhere. 

Looking at her shoes... :)

And this post reminds me...I need to have a shoe cabinet made for her room...Hmmmm....


(please check out my updates about DIY party preps on  Kiddiepartyholic. :))






No comments:

Post a Comment